Salem is located in scenic Southern Indiana just 35 miles north of Louisville, Kentucky and less than 100 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana. Salem is a great place to live and make a living. We have high achieving public schools, and a wide variety of community activities. Salem also has a strong and diverse economic base. If you're a visitor to Salem, we hope you will take note of our many unique and historic destinations. As a city, Salem has retained much of its small town flavor, a flavor that is enhanced by the city’s tree-lined streets, stately old homes and a friendly atmosphere that has been nurtured and handed down through the generations.
- The City of Salem garbage pick up for Monday, July 4, 2016 will be on regular schedule.
- The City of Salem recycling pick up for Monday, July 4, 2016 will be picked up on Tuesday, July 5, 2016.
The City of Salem Senior Center has published their latest Calendar of Events. Click on the link below to view the calendar.
The Salem Public Swimming Pool will open for the public and parties, Wednesday, June 1st from 12:30-5:30pm. Regular hours will be Mondays-Saturdays 12:30-5:30pm and Sundays for scheduled parties only 12:30-8:30pm. Evening parties can also be scheduled from 6-8pm. You may call the Park and Rec. Office to schedule at 883-2895 or 883-6263 after June 1. Parties are $55.00 for one hour and $80.00 for two hours. Pool hours during the Washington County Fair will be 12:30-4:00pm.
Something new this season, is the Myers Pool “WATER WALK”. This event will be Monday-Thursday, June 13-June 16th, 5:30pm-6:00pm and Monday-Thursday, June 27 -June 30th, 5:30pm-6:00pm. For more information you may call the Park and Rec. Office at 812-883-2895. It will include exercise with a variety of water weights. The cost of the half-hour evening swim and exercise will be $25.00. Registration will be in the Park and Recreation Department Office.
Two sessions of swim lessons are planned for June 6-June 17, 2016 and July 11-July 22, 2016. Lessons are held in the mornings Monday-Friday. A child must be able to stand unassisted in three feet of water in order to take the lessons. You may call the Park and Recreation Department Office for more information at 883-2895 and 883-6263 after June 1, to schedule.
Daily admission for the pool is $1.00 for preschool and $2.00 for all other. Babies not yet toilet trained must wear swimming diapers in the baby pool.
- Tree Dedication at Lake Salinda
- Arbor Day Foundation Names Salem Tree City USA
- New City of Salem Additions & Promotions
- Mayoral Appointments for City of Salem
- Salem City Officials Sworn In December 30th.
- Main Street, Heart of Salem Project Underway
- Super Hero Night at the Museum
- Bird Watching on the Walking Trail
- When Others Fly Out, Heroes Fly In
- Super Heroes, Movie night at home plate