Salem Indiana's Quality of Life offerings include:
- Small Town lifestyle within proximity to larger population centers.
- Independent Community Spirit and Sense of Community Pride
- Recreational Opportunities including Public Parks, Fishing Lakes and Hiking Trails.
- Historic Downtown Square for Shopping and Special Events.
- Quality Public Schools and Higher Education Resources.
- Established Church Communities and Places of Worship
- Cost of Living and Home Prices well below the national average.
Salem Indiana's Business Advantages Include:
- Midwestern Values and Traditional Work Ethic of Residents
- Experienced Manufacturing and Production workforce in place.
- Established Small Businesses and Pro-Business Government
- Active Chamber of Commerce Community with 250+ Members
- Cost of Living / Average Salaries well below the national average.
- Convenient Transportation to Interstates I-65, I-64 and new I-69 route.
- City of Salem Municipal Airport with Project underway to extend runway to 4,000ft.
- Shovel Ready Business Park with tax abatements and special incentives in place.
- Access to raw materials including wood, limestone and agricultural grains.
State of Indiana Economic Advantages Include:
- Indiana ranks first in the Midwest in the Tax Foundation’s 2011 Business Tax Climate Index (Oct. 2010).
- Indiana has the lowest business costs in the Midwest and is one of the top 10 lowest cost locations in the U.S. according to Forbes (Oct. 2010).
- Indiana ranks fourth in the nation for its business tax and regulatory climate according to the Enterprising States study by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and National Chamber Foundation (May 2010).
- Indiana ranks best in the Midwest in Area Development magazine’s Top States for Doing Business study. (Oct. 2010).
- Indiana is one of nine states that now have triple-A credit ratings from all three agencies (Standard & Poor’s, Fitch, and Moody’s) due to the state’s significant financial management and budgeting practices, stable economic base, property tax reform, and economic development efforts to attract job creation and create economic diversification.