Salem Indiana's Quality of Life offerings include:
- Small Town lifestyle within proximity to larger population centers.
- Independent Community Spirit and Sense of Community Pride
- Recreational Opportunities including Public Parks, Fishing Lakes and Hiking Trails.
- Historic Downtown Square for Shopping and Special Events.
- Quality Public Schools and Higher Education Resources.
- Established Church Communities and Places of Worship
- Cost of Living and Home Prices well below the national average.
Salem Indiana's Business Advantages Include:
- Midwestern Values and Traditional Work Ethic of Residents
- Experienced Manufacturing and Production workforce in place.
- Established Small Businesses and Pro-Business Government
- Active Chamber of Commerce Community with 250+ Members
- Cost of Living / Average Salaries well below the national average.
- Convenient Transportation to Interstates I-65, I-64 and new I-69 route.
- City of Salem Municipal Airport with Project underway to extend runway to 4,000ft.
- Shovel Ready Business Park with tax abatements and special incentives in place.
- Access to raw materials including wood, limestone and agricultural grains.
State of Indiana Economic Advantages Include:
- Indiana’s infrastructure ranks best in the nation according to CNBC’s Ranking of America’s Top States for Business 2016
- Indiana’s Bond Rating has been ranked at AAA according to Standard & Poor’s, Fitch and Moody’s Credit Rating.
- Indiana’s regulatory structures rank best and least burdensome in a recent study done by the Pacific Research Institute. (2015)