With plans to bolster the local economy, as well as highlight the talents of young adults, the Washington County HomeTown Competiveness (WCHTC) organization is seeking college interns for the 2013 summer. Interns must be Washington County residents and are required to be a full-time college student enrolling in the 2013 fall semester or a 2013 college graduate. The position will be up to 40 hours a week, with a pay range of $10 to $14 per hour depending on the applicants experience and qualifications. There will be some flexibility regarding the actual dates of employment for the internship, but the dates for employment must fall between May 15th and September 15th of 2012. The first year of the HTC internship program was 2011 and thanks to the continued financial support of the Washington County Community Foundation and the Urban Enterprise Zone the internship program is back once again this summer.
Interns will work as a team to market Washington County local attractions, community and economic opportunities via online marketing, promotional videos and other supportive marketing tools as needed. The intern team will work collaboratively to create a variety of marketing products to promote non-profit organizations, small businesses, local tourism and economic development.
Projects that are currently being considered for the program are as follows:
- Effectively implement marketing campaign focused on educating community and equipping them with the promotional videos showcasing community and economic development in Washington County.
- Train local businesses, organizations and government how to promote videos via their website, social media and other marketing tools designed by the internship team.
- Design, build and implement an interactive “Hot Spots” map of Washington County to serve as a virtual tour online of Washington County attractions.
- Creating a video production(s) highlighting Washington County non-profits.
- Creating a video production(s) highlighting Washington County small businesses (not franchises).
- Creating a video production(s) highlighting topics identified by the Washington County Community Foundation.
Interns should possess strong communication skills, enjoy working in a team atmosphere, be self-motivated and be able to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
Specific skills which are sought are outlined as follows:
- Script writing and development of marketing videos.
- Project management.
- Research and marketing.
- Develop content and facilitate trainings on how to utilize Washington County community development and economic development videos to grow businesses, strengthen non-profits and recruit employees.
- Video production and editing –Particularly experience working with Movie Maker, IMAC, Final Cut Pro or other video production software. Final Cut Pro preferred.
- Technology integration—Experience working with graphic design software, such as inDesign, Publisher or Photoshop also proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Website Development – Experience in designing and constructing websites including interactive tools.
The WCHTC team would like to send a big thank you to the Washington County Community Foundation and Urban Enterprise Zone for their financial support which made this program possible. A thank you also goes out to the Washington County Family YMCA for agreeing to serve as the employer of the interns.
Beth Armstrong, Youth First Director, WCHTC team member and current Interim CEO at the YMCA, will serve as the supervisor of the interns over the course of the summer and will coordinate the application process. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to the following address by Friday, April 19th:
YMCA & Youth First of Washington County
Attn: Beth Armstrong
1709 N. Shelby St.
Salem, IN 47167.
At least 2 references should be able to speak directly to the candidates work or professional experience. Questions regarding the internship or application process should be referred to: Beth Armstrong at 883-9622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.